Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thoughts on Exodus

I cannot believe how bad this book is. If it is possible to suck more than Genesis, Exodus has done it. Well, that's not entirely true. There are a few - a very few - positive takeaways from Exodus. In the Exodus 21-23 post, we learned the following: Do not help a guilty party by being a malicious witness. Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. Do not execute an innocent or honest person. Do not accept bribes. Unfortunately, this small bit of good instruction is outnumbered by an avalanche of total crap, ranging from nonsensical to horrifying.

Leviticus is up next. My Christmas present to you is to get through the entire thing during the month of December. It doesn't seem terribly long and what I've read so far has been pretty entertaining, so I'm hoping it's easier to get through and write about than Exodus was.

I cannot stress enough how agonizing it was to plod through some of these chapters. I plan to never read Exodus again.

No comments:

Post a Comment